Thousands of workers are injured each year in workplace accidents and incidents. These injuries lead to an overwhelming number of worker’s compensation costs each year. The 10 most disabling injuries cost nearly $1 billion per week in work comp payments.
10 leading injury cases:
- Overexertion involving outside source (lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, carrying, throwing)
- Falls on same level
- Struck by object or equipment
- Falls to lower level
- Other exertions or bodily reactions (bending, reaching, twisting, climbing, stepping, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking)
- Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle
- Slip or trip without fall
- Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects
- Repetitive motions
- Struck against object or equipment.
What can be done?
Edison Power/EPC, Inc. has numerous policies, procedures and training programs in place to reduce the risk of severe injury to our employees. As an employee, here are things you can do to reduce risk and harm:
- Get 8 hours of sleep before each shift
- Always wear proper PPE and inspect before use
- Bend and lift smart, or team lift
- Always be aware of your surroundings, including moving/backing vehicles, moving
parts, energized parts, other employees
- Never remove guards in place on tools and equipment
- Always follow supervisor instructions and directions
- Think and work critically
- Plan tasks ahead
All employees should be dedicated to their own safety and that of those around them. A safe team means better productivity, fewer accidents and reduction in cost. Work safe, work smart.